TRINOVA BIOCHEM is the European distributor of MOLTOX® (USA), offering a complete family of products for the conduct of genetic toxicity assays with emphasis on microbial mutagenicity. The Ames test, for example, is a widely employed method that uses bacteria to test whether a given chemical is mutagenic and therefore may act as a carcinogen.
The portfolio includes:
- Ames Salmonella and E. coli WP2 Mutagenicity Tests (comply with the OECD Guideline 471)
- For "Impurities": the µAmes Kit on 24-well plates - a miniaturized Ames test format
- Fluctuation Tests (Moltox FT™)
- BioReliance® Ames II™ Kit
- UMU Genotoxicity Kit
- Various reagents and supplies can be ordered separately
As European Distributor of MOLTOX® we offer a portfolio of bacteriological cell culture media, agar plates, reagents and buffers. The media applications are manufactured for bacterial growth promotion and detection of a variety of bacteria strains.
The portfolio has been utilized in INDUSTRIAL (Pharma, Cosmetics, Food, Beverage), ENVIROMENTAL and MOLECULAR microbiology.
MOLTOX® provides highest standards in the production and packaging of prepared media
Bottled Media: Nutrient, selective and enrichment media for a variety of bacterial strains
Agar Plates: Various nutrient and selective agar plates - including multi-section plates
Reagents & Buffers: Amino acids, antibiotics, glucose, saline buffers
- A.C.S. "certified " or better chemicals are employed
- Petri dishes are highest quality polystyrene
- Only Type II borosilcate glass, PETG, natural polystyrene or polycarbonate containers with PTFE or white rubber closure liners are used
- Solid media are formulated with industry standard Difco (BBL) Bacto und BD Agar
- Each lot of media is tested for sterility and its ability to support the growth of the appropriate microorganism
- All media are accompanied by GLP-compliant formulation and QC certificates
Customized media are formulated and packaged to your specification. Please contact us if you need media with non-standard sugars, buffers or special mixtures!